Friday, January 9, 2009

Have You Checked Out Spark People?


If you haven't...you might want to. It is the season for it.

You know, the "I ate too much these past 2 months...I need to do something about it...but money is tight right after Christmas" season.

I'm more sensitive to this situation because unlike most of you, heading into winter with sweaters and long pants...we are still and forever will be in "summer mode". Swimsuits, suntan oil and flip flops are the attire here. In fact a friend and I are headed to a resort swim club in the morning with all the kids. I've pushed home school to the afternoon so we can delay school just a little bit longer.

So let me tell you a little about www.sparkpeople.com . It was created by the original creator of google.com
It's FREE and has many tools to help "us" with keeping up with a healthy lifestyle. {Basically, it will give you the extra push to lose the weight you gained over the past few months.} Not that "I" gained any...yeah right!

So check it out... www.sparkpeople.com

I'm starting my excercise...tomorrow...I think. :)
Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Roblynn said...

My daughter follows this spark people and loves it. She especially likes the motivational stories. There is one with an 85 yr old lady that is still a body builder! Amazing. Good luck with the after holiday loss. Check out our workouts and recipes at www.hotmomsrus-health.blogspot.com. Pretty fun earthquake ha?

Nikki said...

I did SPARKSPEOPLE a few years ago and LOVE-LOVED-LOVED the support you get from the other onliners. I do a little better with the face-to-face accountability, thus being on Weight Watchers.
Thanks for reminding me about the sight. I may have to check it out and see if much has changed.

~~Nik

Lara said...

I did it once, but it became an obsession. I pretty much have to stay away from it.