Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yummy Treat...



So we had our first social event here. Friends from chruch invited us over for FHE (family home evening). They served this easy but scrumpious snack. I thought I'd attach the recipe.

Chocolate Mint Popcorn (I'm sure someone out there could come up with a more creative title)

12 small York Peppermint Patties
(unwrapped obviously)
1/3 cup of butter (or margarine)
2 bags of popped microwave popcorn

Melt butter in saucepan. Add the patties. Stir as melting. Put the popcorn in a large bowl. Drizzle (I love that word) the chocolate concoction over the popcorn. Stir to mix. Enjoy.

It wasn't very minty but had that sweet and salty taste to it. Yummy. Thanks Carolyn.

1 comment:

lkrepps said...

Hi, Shawna.

Ithink I figured out how to reply to your blog postings.

Give love to the kids; we sure miss them!

Dad