Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Over Night Peach French Toast

I know this isn't a "recipe blog" but hey, this is really good and I have to share with my buddies.


I got it from here at yummyfood4all

I am a strong believer in a healthy, homemade, preferably hot, breakfast. This can be thrown together the night before and sit in your fridge until morning comes. Or if you are like me and don't have much room in your fridge, you can make it right then and it still comes out delish!
I even have {bad lighting} pictures to show.


Over Night Peach French Toast

1 cup brown sugar

1 stick butter or margarine

2 tbs. water

Sliced peaches

French bread

5 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk

1 tbs. vanilla



Melt butter; add water and brown sugar.Boil till mixture foams.Pour into a 9x13 pan and cool 10 minutes. Line the pan with the sliced peaches, covering all the caramel mixture. Slice bread 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.Place on top of peaches.Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over bread completely covering it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.Bake at 350o for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.

 Bake uncovered, let cool for a few minutes then flip the french toast over and spoon caramel and peaches on top.. serve with whip creme.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my that looks good! I even have ALL the ingredients..thanks, I love new recipes:)