Thursday, August 21, 2008

A World Record Set Here in Costa Rica


We've seen the advertisments. We've heard the talk around here. We waited until the time was finally here. And then it arrived, the world record was to be set for the biggest fish taco, here at Bubba's Fish Taco joint. We have been heavily anticipating this moment. I packed the kids in our new "red feedom" wagon and headed on our hot, mile walk to see this awaited moment.




I'll just say we were highly disappointed. All they did was lay out the tortilla's side by side. Aren't they supposed to make a HUGE tortilla???? Oh well. I thought about doing my own advertisements and beating Bubba's {lame} Taco by 1 inch; making a taco 30 feet and 1 inch. But then, who am I to make enemies here? I certainly don't want any.
I do have to say that it was for a good cause. He was raising money for a reef ball to help save the ocean. Way to go Bubba.




That is what Aiden thought of the taco setting record. He got his chair and sat facing the street.



This is a shot of our new "red freedom". Aiden got this for his birthday and my favorite feature is the seat belt that neither him nor Landon can undo.


The last shot here is of the news report being done of the owner. The reporter was also the camera guy {holding a regular family camcorder}. Let's talk about multi-tasking!! I tried my best not to giggle.

4 comments:

loubige said...

Bubba's a Fraud. :-)

Love the cat dangling from the umbrella with her leash.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a picture of the taco...I was curious what it was going to look like. I am looking forward to helping build some Reef Balls in Jaco.

-Todd Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation

www.reefball.org

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Just checked out the site Todd. Pretty cool!!!

Lou-
Funny that you would notice the cat dangling for her life. Paige wanted her {ugly} cat to hang from the umbrella string so she could ride in style.

Tica Macha said...

Yeah, it's a sad day when one waits for a couple of hours in the hot sun to see the world's biggest taco and it's the HIGHLIGHT of the month. We're pretty starved here for entertainment.
Although it wasn't what I expected (I thought a big tortilla too), it was the event that counted.