Sunday, March 1, 2009

Would You Like Syrup with That?


Thanks Shelly! I guess I should have posted our favorite syrup recipe with the pancakes.

That is, if I didn't have 2 little guys pulling on my arms to pry me away from my computer while trying to write my last post, I might have thought of that. :)

Here is our Syrup Recipe:

Simple Maple Syrup

1 cup of boiling water
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
½ teaspoon of maple flavored extract
½ teaspoon of butter flavoring

Boil water in a saucepan, add sugars and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in maple flavoring and butter. Serve warm.

3 comments:

Roblynn said...

I am anxious to try your pancake recipe. Hey forget what I said about brown sugar, it has disappeared from all the stores, not sure why. I am soso tempeted to buy the pure maple syrup at Auto Mercado, fourteen thousand a pint! That is expensive, but I am pretty spoiled. Hope you had a great Sunday.

Costa Rica Baby! said...

I have never found the brown sugar we are used to in the states. However, recently I found the "caramel sugar". It's the closest thing to it, the way it compacts. It is very DARK;looks like coffee grounds.

I believe I found it at Hypermas.

For everyone else out there, 14 thousand a pint is about $26.00 for a PINT! CRAZY.
Robbie, maybe you stash that away as mommy's TREAT. :)

Shelley said...

I just tried this this morning and it was great! The kids loved it.