Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bourbon Chicken...without the Bourbon!


Bourbon Chicken
adapted from Blog Chef

Ingredients:
2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons oil (for pan-frying)
cornstarch (for dusting)

Sauce:
1 garlic clove (minced)
¼ teaspoon ginger (I used ground ginger)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ( I use Cheyenne pepper and 1/2 what it calls for )
¼ cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoon of your favorite jam ( I use raspberry)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
½ cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, and if you choose lightly dust with cornstarch. Heat oil in your wok (or saucepan) and fry chicken bits in batches until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and set aside.

In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into wok and bring to a boil. Add chicken bits back to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with rice.

That's it!! So yummy and very, very easy! This is one of my top 10, delish. Always turns out.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soo making that tomorrow for dinner. I actually have all the ingredients. yay! Thanks Shawna! I am always trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I'm trying to eat out less and save money.