Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just a Nice Day Today...

I finally convinced the kids to go on a walking tour of our little city here. Up until now, I got the "I don't want to's" for whatever {lame} reason they came up with.
But today...they all agreed. I think the idea that we are REALLY leaving is sinking into their minds.
I took this shot just around the corner from our home as we headed out.
We spent about half an hour with them coordinating the photographers angles and shots. Every once in awhile I give up that power and let them go at it.
Every city in Costa Rica has a church...with a park and ours is no exception. We just hung out...ate some ice cream and watched the birds.

I just snapped this shot of one of the many streets here. I remember when we first arrived...I felt uncomfortable walking down the roads here. The sidewalks are crumbled cement and dangerous. It's a marvel that women here can traverse it in HIGH HEELS. Just amazing.
Now I feel comfort in the old homes and businesses, small sidewalks and interesting sinkholes.

I wouldn't let my kids go home until we found this wall. I LOVE IT! We pass it every Sunday on our way to church. The colors are so vivid and the message is great. I crack up when I see the barbed wire scrolling over the top. That just comes with the territory.

Better get to bed...I leave in 6 hours to pick up mi amigas.

Goodnight!

5 comments:

Ambrea said...

great pics! Looks like a fun last memory for you guys! Can't wait to see you all!

Heather Anderson said...

What a wonderful day just hanging out with the kids... LOVE the pics!

Megan at Simple Kids said...

I love the jumping shot! Very cool. So wonderful to get some great pictures before you leave!

Kristen said...

are you guys here yet?!?!?
Was this your official last post from Costa Rica..

Alison said...

What a fun day you guys had! I bet leaving is bitter sweet.