Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Best Way to Learn Spanish...

Is by hearing it and speaking it! I know, I know, I know! I hear this all the time. The problem is if you don't know ANY to begin with, it doesn't help when your housekeeper tries to teach you. You say {in your head} I'm not sure if she is saying the word for sheet or bed, so don't pay attention. You might learn it incorrectly and tell someone you need them to bring you a sheet and they bring you a bed! See my dilemma?

So I found this website, and it's FREE! I love that word. It has a great beginner course for the Spanish learner. It's advertised as a "social" place to meet other language learners, but if you put up a horrible picture of yourself, and mention your sweetheart over and over in your bio, that should help that concern. {Oh, and the 5 kid thing is another great deterrent.} It's great for me because I am a visual learner. My honey can try and teach me the language all day long, but if I don't write it down, I won't learn it. It goes over and over the words with pictures and text. I love it! So if you are interested. Enjoy. I put the link to the right.
Then if you aren't interested in anything else but being my friend, you can look me up. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a pen pal to learn Spanish before you go on holiday, the do say that practice makes perfect!